How to Pay Traffic Challan Online in Maharashtra | Check E-Challan Status | Echallan.parivahan.gov.in Portal | Search E Challan status | e Challan Payment Online | Check Traffic Fine and e-Challan Status | Mumbai Traffic Police Challan List | Traffic Fine and Penalties in Mumbai
E Challan Payment
Challan is a payment that citizens have to pay if they violate traffic rules as directed by the Traffic Authority. Until recently, these payments had to be made by the citizens of a specific location, but along with the advancement of technology, the government of India has launched the Chalan online payment gateway known as “E-Challan – Digital Traffic Enforcement/Transportation Solution”.
What is E Challan?
E-Challan is a modern programming application that includes a portable application based on Android and a web interface. Electronic chat is designed to provide comprehensive answers to traffic officers and traffic police. This app belongs to Vahan and Sarathi app. It also offers a lot of features and includes all major traffic control system applications. E-Challan was launched a few days ago to provide challan to people on official government apps. This not only saves paper costs, but also prolongs the process.
How to Check Traffic Fine and e-Challan Status?
E-challan will be sent via SMS to your registered mobile number or you can request a paper copy of challan sent to your registered address.
e-Challan must pay within 60 days from the date of issue. If you fail to make a payment, it can be taken to court.
If you accidentally deleted an SMS or forgot to issue a traffic fine, follow these steps to check the fine and e-challan status of your vehicle:
- check e-Challan Status online
- Step 3: Now on the new page, enter the Challan Number or Vehicle Number or Driving License (DL) Number.
- check e-Challan Status
- Step 4: Enter the Captcha Code and click on ‘Get Detail‘.
- Step 5: You will be directed to a new page stating all the traffic violations detail.
- Step 6: Make the payment for which you will be getting a confirmations and a transaction ID.
You can also use Android App called Maha Trafficapp which can be help you to check e-Challans and make the payments.
Mumbai Traffic Police Challan List
In addition to the basic rules of traffic signs, Mumbai has a list of penalties for a number of different offences listed in the Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and the Central Motor Vehicle Regulations 1989.
OFFENSE and PENALTY
- Driving without a license – Rs 5,000
- Driving under the influence of alcohol 1st time – Rs 10,000 and/or 6 months imprisonment 2nd time – Rs 15,000 and/or 2 years imprisonment
- Driving without a seatbelt – Rs 1,000
- Riding without a helmet – Rs 1,000 and license disqualification for 3 months
- Driving an unauthorized vehicle without a license – Rs 5,000
- Driving even after being Disqualified – Rs 10,000
- Driving an Uninsured Vehicle 1st time – Rs 2,000 and/or up-to 3 months imprisonment 2nd time – Rs 4,000 and/or up-to 3 months imprisonment
Traffic Fine and Penalties in Mumbai
As noted above, fines for various traffic offences in Mumbai have been amended under the Motor Vehicle Act 1988. The new fines and penalties are available below.
Traffic Offence New Traffic Fine
- No PUC copy while driving – Rs. 2,000
- Violation of Air Pollution Standards or excess black smoke emission – Rs. 10,000
- No Driving License while driving – Rs. 5,000
- No valid Insurance while driving – Rs. 2,000
- Going through a Red light – Rs. 1,000
- Over-speeding or going over the speed limit – Rs. 1,000 – Cars Rs. 2,000 – Commercial vehicles
- Over-speeding along with dangerous driving – Rs. 5,000 and suspension of license for 3 months
- No seatbelt while driving – Rs. 1,000
- No seatbelt is worn by passengers in the rear seat – Rs. 1,000
- Driving a bike, scooter, or scooty with sandals or flip-flops – Rs. 1,000
- Driving with more than a single passenger on 2-wheeler – Rs. 1,000
- No helmet while driving/pillion on a 2-wheeler – Rs. 1,000 + suspended license for 3 months
- Jumping a Red light and driving dangerously – Rs. 5,000 and suspended license for 3 months
- Disobeying the directions of a police officer – Rs. 2,000
- Over-speeding with dangerous driving as well as disobeying a police officer – Rs. 7,000
- Not allowing an Emergency Vehicle to pass-through – Rs. 10,000
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs – Rs. 10,000 and a Court Challan
- Use of mobile phone while driving – Rs. 5,000 and suspended license for 3 months
- No High Security Number Plate while driving – Rs. 2,000
- Taking selfies while driving – Rs. 2,000
- Using a private car for commercial purposes – Rs. 2,000
- Minor driving – Rs. 25,000 and imprisonment for 3 years
- Driving without a front or rear bumper guard – Rs. 1,000
- Odd-Even penalty in Delhi – Rs. 4,000
- Driving on the opposite side on a one-way road – Rs. 500
- Driving with a fancy or defective number plate – Rs. 500
- Driving after sunset with the headlight turned off – Rs. 500
- Driving at night while using high-beam – Rs. 500
- Waiting on the white line or on the zebra crossing at a red light – Rs. 500
- Parking the vehicle in an obstructive way – Rs. 500
How to pay traffic challan online in Maharashtra?
How to Pay Traffic Challan Online in Maharashtra
- Step 1: Visit the website mahatrafficechallan.gov.in and enter all the details such as vehicle number and last 4 digits of the chassis number/ engine number.
- Step 2: Enter the Captcha Code and click on submit
- Maharashtra e challan payment
- Step 3: Now you will be redirected to a new page that displays the fines and also an option to choose the payment method.
- Step 4: You can choose to make the payment through your debit or credit card or , or with a mobile wallet such as PayTM and Mobikwik.
- पशु किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड अप्लाई 2023
- PMEGP लोन योजना एप्लीकेशन फॉर्म 2023
- Online 2023-24 अर्ज प्रधानमंत्री कृषी सिंचन योजना अनुदान संपूर्ण माहिती
- (PMJDY)प्रधानमंत्री जन धन योजना 2023 बँक खाते मराठी माहिती :फायदे, Form
- (पोखरा अंतर्गत) ठिबक सिंचन तुषार सिंचन योजना अर्ज 2023